Death by Suicide is devastating and hard for all of us to understand. Feelings of guilt and shame can
complicate the loss. Join Brandon English, Director of Loss & Healing Programs for the American
Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and Anne Baker, Director of Adult Bereavement Services and Training at
Hospice Caring, Inc., for this workshop to learn how to support those who are grieving a death by suicide.
· Examine common myths and misunderstandings with suicide loss
· Explore changes in family and friend dynamics after a suicide loss
· Develop skills and enhance comfort level in supporting survivors of suicide loss
· Identify tools for supporting people of all ages, including children and teens after a suicide loss
· Learn which people, organizations, and resources you can turn to for help
· Familiarize yourself with the work of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Hospice Caring’s Seasons of Caring Community Education Series is designed to develop community knowledge and skills around end-of-life and grief related topics that can be applied to daily life. Our meaningful educational events and discussions help build a caring and compassionate community. The series is chaired by Hospice Caring volunteer Robin Levien, LCPC, and is provided free of charge. Contributions to Hospice Caring, Inc. are appreciated.
For more information contact Thanuja Rajapakse at thanujar@HospiceCaring.org or 301-869-4673.
FREESeasons of Caring Community Education Event!
Registration is required - Space is Limited.
Wednesday, November 29, 2017 from 7 to 8:30 pm
6:30 pm check-in and refreshments
The Hospice Caring Cottage (directions)
United Way #8365 | CFC #42512